CARPENTER’S HOUSE, 1844
This little yellow house used to stand at Cygnaeuksenkatu 12. Hatter Erik Fagerlund had it built in 1844. Later owners included a coachman, a merchant, a butcher, a sausage maker, and a market stall owner. Carpenter Johan Edvard Bäckström came into possession of the house in 1913. The last owner of the house before it was demolished was a descendent of Bäckström. The Carpenter’s House is decorated with a carpenter’s workshop and a journeyman’s room.